FindBestVPN is the entity in charge of collecting and managing your personal information (we, us, and our).
Term and Termination
2. Your Consent
If we would like to do this, we will ask your explicit permission beforehand.
- To provide you with all marketing communications;
3. Types Of Personal Data Collected By Us
We adhere to data minimization regulations and only collect a limited amount of personal information that is essential for your effective use of the Website.
- Upon accessing the Website, we will request your individual Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- When you reach out to us through the contact form on our Website, we will collect the following information: (a) your name; (b) your email address; (c) your website address (optional); and (d) any additional information you choose to include in your message.
- When you comment under the Blog posts, Articles, News, and Instructions section of the Website, or when you create a profile, we collect the following information: (a) Name or nickname; (b) Email address; (c) Website (optional); and (d) Any other information you may choose to share with us.
Under no circumstances shall we collect any personally identifiable information from you, including, but not limited to, your medical data, views on your religious and political affiliations, racial background, affiliation in a professional or trade organization, or sexual orientation.
4. The Purpose Of Personal Data
We adhere to data protection regulations and only collect your personal information for specific, express, and authorized purposes. Personal information accessed through the Website shall only be used for the following purposes:
- We strive to meet your needs by providing you with the services you have asked for, responding to your inquiries, and meeting your demands.
- Verification of your contact details.
- Ensuring Website performance;
- Changing the content of the Website according to your location.
- Sending you up-to-date information about your Website; and
- Security and audit purposes.
5. Non-Personal Data Collected By Us
We may collect non-sensitive information about you when you visit the Website. For example, we may collect your browser type, operating system, and the URL addresses of the websites you click to and from on the Website.
We collect such non-sensitive information to:
- Analyze the type of users who visit the Website
- Analyze how the users find the Website
- Analyze how long the users stay on the Website,
- Analyze which other websites they visit from the Website,
- Which pages the users visit, and
- Which other websites the users access from the Website.
6. Marketing Communication
We will not send you direct marketing communications, such as newsletters, promotional brochures, or advertisements, and we will not contact you by telephone or any other means unless you give us your prior written consent for such marketing communications.
Opt Out Of Marketing Communications
If you have given us your explicit permission to receive marketing communications, you can withdraw your consent at any time by:
- To unsubscribe, click on the “unsubscribe” link in any of the marketing emails we send you; or
- Get in touch with us directly by sending us a mail at [email protected].
7. Protection Of Personal Data
To safeguard your personal data, we use organizational and technical measures such as restricted access by your staff, secure networks, pseudonymisation, and encryption.
Please note that, because of the risks associated with using the internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal data will not be destroyed, lost, leaked, or falsified as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information and to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, and alteration of your personal information.
We kindly request that you use secure networks for communication with us.
8. Third Party Access To Personal Information
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with third parties. Such sharing is only permitted when your personal information is necessary for (i) the provision of the services you request, (ii) the pursuit of our legitimate business interests; (iii) for law enforcement purposes; or (iv) when you give your prior written consent. For instance, your personal information may be shared with third parties that serve on behalf of us; or provides us with technical support.
Please keep in mind that the comments you leave under the Blog posts, Articles, News, and Instructions featured on the Website might be seen and accessed by others on the Website. Be careful not to post any personal information about yourself or any third party through the comments.
9. Exporting Personal Data Outside Of The EEA
10. Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You can request that we access, change, transfer or erase your personal information. For example, we may request that you provide us with a unique identifier so that we can find you in our database.
- You may request that we object to or limit the use of your personal information (for example, we may no longer send you marketing communications);
- If you have given us your explicit permission, you are free to change your mind at any time.
- If you’d like to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, please get in touch with us first. Once you’ve contacted us, we’ll send you a message confirming that we’re aware of your complaint. We’ll then look into your complaint and give you our reply within a reasonable period of time, but no more than two weeks.
- If you’re an EU resident and you’re not satisfied with how your complaint has been handled, you can file a complaint at your local EU data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please use the contact details given in Section 16 ‘Contact us’. We will respond to your request within 2 weeks.
11. Retention Period
We will only store your personal data for the period of time necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. When we no longer need your personal data, we will erase your personal data without delay unless we are legally obligated to keep it.
12. Children’s Privacy
The Website cannot be accessed or used by anyone under 13 years of age according to the Terms and Conditions of the Website available at https://findbestvpn.com/terms-and-conditions/. We cannot differentiate between the age of people who access the Website.
If a person is under 18 years old and has given us personal data without prior consent of their parents or guardians, their parents or guardians may contact us and ask us to destroy the personal data.
13. Links To Third Party Websites
What Is A Cookie?
A cookie is a tiny computer file. It usually contains letters and numbers. A cookie is sent to your browser when you visit a website. The browser then stores the cookie on your system.
The primary purpose of cookies is for a website to recognize your device.
There are two main types of cookies: persistent and session.
Persistent cookies remain valid up to their expiration date unless you delete them before that date.
Session cookies are stored on your web browser and will stay valid until you close your browser.
Cookies don’t usually contain personal data.
Personal data stored by us can be linked to information stored in and extracted from cookies.
What Type Of Cookies Are We Using?
We use two types of cookies: session and persistent.
Session cookies: [“gads”, “ga”]. session cookies are used to verify your information until you’re on a new page of the Website. By using session cookies, you don’t have to re-enter your details every time you go to a new page.
We utilize Google Analytics to track your usage of your Website. Google Analytics collects statistical and other data about your Website through cookies. The data collected by Google Analytics in connection with your Website is used to generate reports about your Website usage.
We use Google Analytics advertising features such as:
- Remarketing using Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting
- Integrated services where Google Analytics collects data through advertising cookies and identifiers.
You can opt out of Google Analytics advertising features by using Ads Settings, Ads Settings for mobile apps or by using any of the other available options (such as the NAI’s consumer opt-out) or by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Advertising cookies are used by third-party vendors such as Google to serve ads to you based on your previous visits to your Website. Google uses advertising cookies to serve you and its partners ads based on the number of times you visit your Website (and/or any other websites you visit on the Internet). You can opt out of this personalized advertising by going to https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated.
Ads may be served on your Website by third party vendors that have been approved by Google as third-party advertisers. You can find the names of these third-party vendors and their websites at https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/94149?hl=en.
You can also opt out of using cookies for personalized advertising by visiting these websites if the vendor(s) or ad network(s) offer this option.
How To Turn Down Cookies?
If you don’t agree to our cookie usage, you must either (a) stop using the Website, or (b) turn off cookies in your browser. If you want to turn off our cookie usage, please check your browser’s ‘help’ information or go to our website at http://www.whatarecookies.com for more information.
Please note that without cookies, some elements of the Website will not work as they should.
16. Contact Details